Sunday, June 19, 2016

Day 11-13 San Fran, Yosemite, and goldfield, NV

It's been a wild past few days and I've been in an out of service, so I'll try my best to fill you in on the happenings. While in Santa Cruz right off the board walk I decided to walk through the high tide and this woman came up to me and said "you aren't from here, I can tell, but your aura is glowing and I can tell that you are a pure person. You belong somewhere better than where you have been." I told her that the whole purpose of coming out west was to find my future forever home and it just solidified my emotions that I've been feeling. After leaving the board walk Lea and I drove up to lol galos and ate in a little coastal town, we just went to some random Mexican restaurant. It was sooo delicious. It reminded me of food that would have been in sun valley. After that we drove a little north to the Winchester mystery house and it was probably the coolest house I've ever been in, architecturally and historically. I love haunted homes and I love all things antique so it was a match made, also the house is what inspired murder house on ahs. After that we headed up to San Fran. We went to hang out at my friend Anthony's bar because we were going to stay the night w him after he got off work, but after he gave us a few free drinks we decided we should shower before he got there. So he gave me his house keys and we drove around his house for 45 minutes looking for parking and finally gave up. It was such a buzzkill and he had given me some thc blueberries, it was all a waste. I was so bummed out. We ended up taking him his keys back and got a hotel room close to the redwoods, so in the morning we went to see them and drove to Yosemite.

Yosemite was so epic and I'm really glad that we got the chance to spend two days there. The park itself to drive through takes about 6 hours so it was necessary. The north and east side of the park are my favorite, they're less congested with tourists and in my opinion are the most beautiful. We reached our highest altitude on the entire trip within the park with topped out a little over 9000 feet. The drive out was crazy since we were so high up there was snow all over the ground and it was only 61 degrees and after driving 20 minutes out of the park in was in the 90s. I went from being happy that I was in yoga pants up being upset that I wasn't in shorts. My favorite part of Yosemite was the glacier lakes and waterfalls, they were insanely beautiful.

Then we made our drive out to goldfield, NV which is apparently a ghost town and was on the travel channel as one of the most haunted places in America. Currently were in the middle of nowhere camping about 7 miles north of goldfield because we decided to venture out and find some random hotsprings. It's the first time I've ever "swam" naked and it was kind of liberating. Lea and I even stayed in our underwear while we were setting up camp and cooking over the fire. We're the only ones out here now and we can hear wild donkeys and bullfrogs around our tent. It's pretty wild, but I the morning were heading back to goldfield to check out the little town and see if there's anything legit about the ghost sitings and goldfield hotel. Good night, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment