Monday, June 13, 2016

Day 7: Las Vegas

This feels strange to actually be blogging in the day time and not as I'm ready to pass out, but we were woken up by 93 degree heat at 8:30 am. So we decided to go for a dip in lake mead, then packed up camp, and headed to the Hoover Dam. We didn't stay long bc it was sweltering hot. Then we made the short drive to Vegas and had an early check in to our hotel. Hopefully I will update this entry later, but I'm getting ready to go have a cocktail by the pool and it's certainly not going to be my last tonight.

Edit:

So last I didn't get around to updating my Vegas entry. Lea and I had too much going on in the evening, first we decided to go to old Vegas/ Fremont street and grab some food, walk around, and site see. It's such a different experience than the Vegas strip. It's almost got a comforting feel to it. I did my gambling in old Vegas and thankfully didn't loose any money, actually I won enough money to pay for my steak/lobster tail dinner and parking ticket. Then we decided to head for the strip, it was still super crowded for Monday evening, but it was bearable. The strip just isn't my thing I guess. I feel like it was mostly creepy guys hitting on Lea and I. We walked around the bellagio looking at all the art and smelling the flowers then we decided to go watch the fountain. It was really awesome because Frank Sinatra was the first song that came on, it was meant to be for Lea and I. We got a super decent amount of sleep, we slept all the way up until our check out and I haven't done that since I was in highschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment