Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 9&10: Hollywood&Santa Cruz

From where I left off the night before last Lea and I were star gazing and it was so unreal. We ended up seeing a satellite, which I haven't actually seen since I was living in Kentucky around elementary school. Anyways, we got a great nights sleep since we were in the desert and it cools down a lot at night, there was a gentle summer breeze and the moon was SO bright it illuminated everything around us, but we were still able to sleep.

The next morning when we woke up we decided to pack up camp so that we could eat breakfast, go hiking and then head straight out toward LA. As we had just finished packing up the car Lea noticed we had left our camping pass hooked on the site, so she runs to grab it since we have been keeping all of our receipts for a future scrapbook project. As she's coming back to the car I heard a crazy noise and then looked up to see a look of sheer terror on Lea's face and I knew it was a rattlesnake. So I jumped into the passenger seat to close the open car door, told her to come around and jump in the drivers seat and so we could leave bc there was no way she could walk past it. It was just really fortunate that we had everything packed up. So we continued on our ventures of Joshua tree and pull up to the cactus garden, where there was a "warning bees ahead" sign. At that moment that I notice the sign our car is swarmed, again-- to our luck the windows were up. Anyways, we decided to drive up a ways in the garden where we thought there were no bees and we had seen a man taking pictures of the cacti. So we get out of the car and immediately are swarmed again, except this time several got into the car and we had to speed away with them angrily swarming around our heads. These weren't honey bees, they were desert devil bees. I ended up killing three and two flew out the car. It was horrifying. We decided against the hike because at that point we figured Joshua tree was trying to kill us and we headed for Newport Beach. While at the beach we got went to my favorite fresh fish market, bear flag. I got salmon poke and my whole day was better. Then went straight to the Museum of Death, which was literally the origin of this entire trip. This place was insanely cool, right up my alley. It had a whole room dedicated to embalming, shrunken heads, cannibalism, Manson/domer, crazy coroner photos, the death theater (videos of people, well dying) a room full of taxidermy and animals preserved in jars. Maybe he coolest place I've ever been. After we left there we went to my angel Maggie's house and she cooked us dinner. I haven't seen her in about 2 years so it was really nice to catch up. She, Lea, and myself all slept in her bed last night and it was pretty cozy.

This morning Lea and I woke up super early, Shags (Maggie) made us breakfast and we went to universal studios RIGHT when they opened. Lea and I only had to wait like 30 minutes to get on new simulated ride through Hogwarts. We actually got to ride everything we wanted, we even rode the mummy ride twice because it was soooo much cooler than we even thought it was going to be and we were done by 2:30 so we headed up the coast to Santa Cruz- we grabbed some In n Out again for lunch along the way, of course and currently that's where we are for yhe night. We're going to hit up the pier in the morning, but now it's time for some much needed sleep after our 6 hour drive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment