Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day 6: ghost towns/ Lake Mead

Today was a lot of traveling, riding around in baby for about 6 hours total. I didn't mind though because along the way Lea and I had so many amazing funny things happen to us. The first thing was when we were driving out of Sedona I was at a stop light blaring eodm and this guy was staring at us as he was walking across the street and ran straight into a sign. I thought that kind of stuff only happened in movies. Then when we were switching interstates we decided to get off at target to get some bottles water and Chapstick and our cashier kept rhyming to us both as we were checking out. She said she was Channing Dr. Seuss. Then on the way to our camp site we stopped off at a few ghost towns to get the Wild West feel and at a general store just past Valentjne, AZ there was an old man working and I was going to buy a new cowgirl hat, but the power had just gone out. I asked him how many people lived around and he said "oh there's about 13 of us, but about 100 in the hills. You can't see them, but they're there. " yeah, not like the hills have eyes or anything. Not even creepy at all. But THE BEST part of our day was all of the Burma-shave ads on old historic  Route 66. Burma shave is an old shaving cream company that advertised on small highways by posting multiple whitty signs in a row along the drive. My favorite read: -if daisies are your favorite flower - then keep on pushing up  -those miles per hour. On the drive today my left arm got sunburnt from hanging out the window and Lea and I both wore super cute rompers, finally feeling a little femme. We got to lake mead around 6:30 tonight and set up camp then went down to the lake to explore, can't wait to go for a morning dip. Currently we are both in the tent star-gazing and I have seen two shooting stars so far. We are also under the constellation Virgo. Really feeling myself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment