Friday, June 10, 2016

Day 4: Grand Canyon

Well from where I left you lastnight I was going to enjoy a fire and I must say I had some of the best laughs of my life. Our camping neighbor actually ended up being the coolest person we could have camped next to and since we were both going towards Sedona we decided to camp together again. We went our separate ways for the day- we ended up going to the Grand Canyon and since he had gone the day before he went up to Sedona. Lea and I had the best day at the canyon, we had a picnic for lunch ( of course.) Lea is a little afraid of heights so I went down on my own on to an old mining trail and met a park ranger and hiked back up with him and we chatted about all the things I should do in Sedona. After Lea and I left we took the east exit out of the park on the desert drive and it was so beautiful, you could really see where the Colorado river had come through to form the canyon. We decided to back track a little bit and go through a drive through wild life reserve. It had bears, wolves, bison, and mountain goats. They just roamed around free like some mountain animal version of Jurassic park, it was amazing, a bear even came up to our car. After that we came straight for Sedona because Stephen had reserved us an awesome camp site. I am currently sitting inside my tent with Lea now and it is downpouring on us. It's kind of relaxing and tranquil even though I feel like I'm deep in the Amazon. Well, more to come tomorrow y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment